This camping trip was fantastic! I came home relaxed, not ragged. Zach met us; it is always so great to have company. My favorite part was when we had a fried chicken dinner. Like so:


Woods view:

Awesome people:

Close to midnight, we saw some um...glow worms, for lack of a better term. ATM first noticed them in the corner of his eye. He took a flashlight over to the tiny light source and discovered that it was a larvae-lookin' worm thing. It was the size of a maggot. The light it produced was as bright as an LED light! Of course we marveled at this for a good solid 10 minutes. I wonder where we can even begin to find out what kind of insect (?) it is.
I've got some "big ticket" plans up ye olde sleeve: a potential Buffalo River float/camping trip with pals AND the moving into the Victory St. space! I actually need to talk with Zach about details, but I'm hoping to secure a tiny corner of the building that I can use and maintain. I would love to have potlucks, cookouts, a herb garden, a biergarten, and maybe do something like produce real soap. And possibly play music? We'll see!
Yogurt-dill biscuits I made for camping:

2 comments:
When I look at the picture of the chicken, my mind fills in the frying sounds.
The dill biscuits were great. I put tofu spread in between them.
Your camping steez is ridiculous. Good on ya.
Post a Comment